The NEET Phase II exam was held on July 24 which was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education at various centres across the nation.
Just one day before the exam, five persons were arrested by the police from Ramnagar and Haldwani areas as they were already carrying paper.
Details of the arrest report:
- Around five people have been arrested
- The reports revealed that paper got leaked just one night before the test i.e. on Saturday
- The paper was changed at the last minute by the officials, Senior superintendent of police from Nainital, Sweety Aggarwal said.
- Around 4,500 candidates appeared for the examination
- The arrested persons have been identified as Sanjay Kumar Prabhat, Ajay Sinha (both in Bihar), and Nishat Ahmed (Delhi).
- At the time of interrogation, the trio disclosed the names of Dinesh Prasad of Patna and Vikas Kumar of Chhapra (also in Bihar), who were also involved in this case
- There were around 40 students who had paid between Rs 10 to 40 lakh for the question paper
- The gang members had allegedly received the money in advance, Police said.
- The accused were caught red-handed while distributing the leaked paper
- Moreover, candidates who appeared late the centres were not allowed inside to give the examination.
The paper of Physics and Chemistry was tough, students said.