Food: Sometimes you need a good dessert. And sometimes it needs to be homemade. And sometimes (let's face it, most of the time), in those moments when you absolutely need a homemade dessert, the last thing you want to do is spend time in the kitchen cooking. That's what you have a microwave for. These 10 totally awesome microwave dessert recipes are perfect for those moments. Quick, easy, delicious — you won't believe these treats came out of your microwave.
Plain Chocolate – 50 gms, Butter – 50 gms, Dark Brown Sugar – 50 gms, soft, Maida – 50 gms, Egg – 1, beaten, Vanilla Extract – 1/4 tsp, Cocoa Powder – 1 tsp + extra for sprinking, Salt – a small pinch, Icing Sugar (optional)
– Line a microwaveable glass bowl with greaseproof paper.
– Add the chocolate, butter and sugar into it.
– Place it in the microwave and cook on full powder for 30 seconds or until melted.
– Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
– Pour into the bowl and microwave on full powder for 3 to 4 minutes or until just set.
– Allow it to cool.
– Sprinkle cocoa powder (or icing sugar) on top.
Besan powder – 1/2 cup, powdered sugar: 1 cup, Ghee – 1/2 cup, Milk – 2 tsp
– Melt ghee in a microwave for one minute on high.
– Now mix all the ingredients in the melted ghee.
– Mix well.
– Microwave the mixture for three minutes.
– Remove the mixture in between and mix well.
– Once you see bubbles forming on the mixture, remove and mix nicely and pour over a greased plate.
– After 10 minutes cut into pieces. – Remove after it cools completely.
2 cups milk
3 tsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp gelatin
½ tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp powdered sugar
– In ½ cup water, mix gelatin and keep aside to dissolve.
– In a microwave safe bowl mix cocoa, vanilla essence, sugar and milk. Microwave at 100% power for 6 – 7 mins.
– Now add gelatin to it. Mix and microwave at 60% power for 4 mins.
– Pour in the serving dish and refrigerate.
– Garnish with sweet cream and glazed cherries / strawberries. Serve chilled.
2 cups fresh grated coconut
1 cup dried whole milk (grated khoya)
1 tbsp ghee
1 cup sugar
2 cups milk
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 silver leaf to garnish
– In a microwave safe bowl, combine grated coconut, sugar, cardamom powder and milk and microwave at 60% power for 10 mins or till the mixture is thick.
– Add grated dried whole milk to it and microwave at 60% power for 5 mins. Stir it occasionally.
– Add 1 tbsp ghee to the mixture and mix it.
– Grease a thali with little ghee and spread the mixture on it.
– Garnish with a silver leaf.
– Cool it and cut into desired shapes.
2 cups wheat flour (coarse), ½ cup oil / ghee, 1 ½ cup crushed jaggery (gur), ½ cup dry coconut, ½ cup warm water, 1 sp cardamom powder (elaichi), 1 tsp chopped dry fruits (cashewnuts, almonds, pista)
– In a microwave safe bowl, roast wheat flour at 100% power for 5 mins. Stir in between.
– Put the roasted flour in a plate and add A¼ cup of oil / ghee and little warm water. Mix it.
– Put this roasted flour mixture in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 60% for 5 mins. Stir in between.
– Now blend this mixture in a mixer / grinder.
– In a microwave safe bowl, add crushed jaggery and A¼ cup of oil / ghee and microwave at 100% power for 1 min. just to melt it.
– Mix jaggery – oil / ghee mixture, desiccated coconut, cardamom powder to the blended dough and mix well.
– Grease your hands with ghee / oil and shape the mixture into ladoos.
– Garnish with silver leaf and desiccated dry fruit.