25 civilians killed in heavy Russian and Syrian strikes


BEIRUT: At slightest 25 regular people were killed in substantial Russian and Syrian strikes over the agitator held east of Aleppo on Saturday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said. Among the dead were seven individuals slaughtered as they lined to purchase yogurt at a business sector in the Bustan al-Qasr neighborhood, the Britain-based observing gathering said.

Inhabitants of dissident held eastern Aleppo say it has been subjected to the most brutal assault of the war since the Damascus government announced another hostile that has killed many individuals in the most recent two days.

"Unfortunately it continues. There are planes in the sky now," Ammar al Selmo, the head of Civil Defence in the opposition-held east, told Media. Rebel officials said heavy air strikes on Saturday morning hit at least four areas of the opposition-held east, home to more than 250,000 people. The attack has drawn on ordinance more destructive than anything previously used against the area, and many buildings have been entirely destroyed, residents say.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a British-based organisation that reports on the war, said it had documented 47 deaths since Friday, including five children. Selmo said the toll was more than 100. "The raids are intense and continuous," Observatory Director Rami Abdulrahman told Media .

The Syrian army says it is targeting rebel positions in the city, and denies hitting civilians.