21 Chibok school girls released and reunited with their families


Twenty-one of the more than 200 missing Chibok schoolgirls liberated in the wake of being held by Nigeria's Boko Haram Islamists for over two years on Sunday discussed their difficulty as they were reunited with their families.

Iraq PM vowed only army and police forces would enter Mosul

Amid a Christian ceremony held for them in the capital Abuja, a schoolgirl named Gloria Dame said they had survived for 40 days without food and narrowly escaped death at least once.

"I was… (in) the woods when the plane dropped a bomb near me however I wasn't hurt," Dame told the congregation.

"We had no nourishment for one month and 10 days however we didn't die. We express gratitude toward God," she said, talking in the nearby Hausa dialect.

The ceremony was organised by Nigeria's security administrations which negotiated their release. Most of the kidnapped students were Christian yet had been forcibly converted over to Islam amid captivity.

The Chibok girls were kidnapped in April 2014, attracting worldwide consideration regarding the Boko Haram insurgency engulfing the area when US First Lady Michelle Obama joined the #BringBackOurGirls online movement.

Of the 276 girls at first seized, scores got away in the hours after the kidnapping, while an additional 19-year-old was found with her four-month-old infant prior this year.

The ceremony was hindered when the young ladies' relatives arrived and were brought together with them. Tears streamed as they embraced their youngsters.

"We can all observe the delight and feelings of the guardians," Information Minister Lai Mohamed said.

He said converses with the Islamists would proceed "until every one of the young ladies have been discharged".

"Soon, another bunch, greater than this would be discharged," Mohammed said.

Garba Shehu, a representative for the Nigerian administration, told AFP that "the Mamman Nur group of the Boko Haram has demonstrated its readiness to arrange the arrival of more Chibok young ladies in their authority.

"The gathering claims that it has 83 more young ladies to discharge on arrangement," he said, without expounding.

In spite of winning back swathes of domain from the jihadists, Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari has confronted serious feedback for neglecting to recuperate the youthful hostages, who turned into the characterizing image of Boko Haram's ruthless battle to set up a fundamentalist ISIS in the nation.

The uprising has guaranteed more than 20,000 lives and dislodged 2.6 million individuals since Boko Haram waged war against the Nigerian government in 2009.

Click here for more latest hindi news